Downtown Vegas Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Downtown Las Vegas can be a lot of fun.
The 24-hour nightlife can also come with a lot more opportunity for a slip and fall accident to occur.
Falling can leave a person with some serious pain and injury.
Sometimes slip and falls happen and it is due to the fault of another person or business that has created a dangerous situation.
In these cases, it is important that you have a personal injury attorney that is looking out for your best interests.
Our slip and fall attorneys at The Law Offices of Richard Harris are experts in all personal injury types of lawsuits.
We can help with slip and fall accidents in Downtown Las Vegas.
Our office is at – 801 S 4th St, Las Vegas, NV 89101.
We are here and ready to protect your rights and help get you the compensation you deserve.
Slip and Fall Accidents in DTLV
Flooring is the number one cause of slip and falls not only downtown but all over the planet.
There are all types of ways a floor can create a hazard for a person walking around.
The most common places are usually inside of business’ like the casinos (4 Queens, Binions, Plaza, The D, Nugget, etc.) and restaurants.
Parking lots in the area and Fremont Street will have there share of accidents, or maybe you had an accident at an AirBnb.
Below is a list of some of the reasons that floor conditions are hazardous to residents, tourists, and employees in the downtown area.
Have you ever walked in one of these places on a tiled floor.
Even if there is no water on the floor and you have a great pair of shoes with tread on them the floor can be incredibly slippery and dangerous.
- Wet Floor – This can be from a spilled drink, leaking faucet, broken pipe, or recently mopped floor. A restaurant or bathroom with water or food on the floor can create falls. Yes, the tiles may look nice and shiny but can cause serious injury if you take a hard fall on them.
- Cluttered Floor – A box, vacuum, broom, mop, garbage etc. can all lead to a slip and fall if out in the open in a disorderly fashion.
- Carpet Issues – Torn carpet, mats that are not properly fastened or placed can bring a person to the ground.
- Sidewalks – Cracked sidewalks can catch a shoe and head over heels you go. DTLV is in constant disarray with the never-ending road construction in the area. The sidewalks are a danger for pedestrians and under construction as well. It is important to not take the sidewalk for granted downtown. There are many issues with sidewalks downtown so be on the lookout when walking around.
- Parking Lots – If you get out of a car and step into a pothole you may a twist knee or ankle. This is easy to do as I have done it myself. It is harder to see and more hazardous if you are getting out of a truck or SUV where you are up higher than a regular car. This can also happen when walking to the car. If the lighting is not so good it may be harder to spot one of these danger zones.
Slippery floors are dangerous to everyone.
Problems with sidewalks and pavement are also things to be on the lookout for.
Slip and falls can occur in commercial, industrial, public, or private places.
The damage that they leave behind is enormous financially and physically.
If a person is taken by a fall and hits the ground there may be serious injury.
Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident
Head Trauma – An injury to the head often happens when a person slips and loses their balance and falls backwards. Hitting the head on something as you go down can also be damaging. In severe head trauma the injuries can lead a person to being permanently disabled. Death can also result when the head is injured.
The amount of payout for a head injury will vary from case to case. Obviously if the injury is minor the damages will not be as high as if the injury is major. There are wide ranging symptoms that a person with head injury can get. The extent of medical care needed will also be a determining factor in the case.
Neck and Back Injuries – These injury types can be incredibly painful and cause paralysis. The back can be injured in many ways. The discs and vertebrae both can have a lot of pain and suffering from a fall. Herniated discs happen from the pressure and force of a fall. The twisting of the neck and spinal area is dangerous. Some of the many symptoms of a spinal injury are feeling the sensation of pins and needles, numbness, loss of movement and feeling.
Bones in the vertebrae can also fracture and this can lead to surgery and prescription meds. We have all heard about the dependency to these pills after an injury. None of this is good. The back is very sensitive and if you have ever just pulled a muscle in it by lifting something than you know. Getting paralyzed is life changing. A person may need medical care for the rest of their life. The medical costs are enormous.
Knee Injuries – The twisting of a knee is a common injury in a slip and fall in DTLV. This can happen in a parking lot or a bathroom in a casino on Freemont Street. The damage from this may not be as bad as some injuries but surgery is often needed to repair it.
Ligaments in the knee can be damaged and leave a person unable to walk, jog or run properly with out real medical attention. Healing can be lengthy in some of the more serious knee injuries. A professional football player gets a knee injury and they are often out for the season. That lets you know that it will take some time to get healed up and back to normal.
Richard Harris Can Help
In many injuries from a slip and fall a person may need some time off from work as they recover.
If this accident occurred because of the negligence of another person or business than you should not be expected to pay all the bills.
Richard Harris is here to make sure that those that are responsible for your injury, pain and suffering are held liable.
This means reimbursements for medical bills, lost wages now and in the future and pain and suffering.
Our expert personal injury attorneys that specialize in DTLV slip and fall accidents will work tirelessly for you in order to make sure that you are not taken advantage of by insurance companies or business owners.
If you are hurt while working for Lyft, DoorDash, Uber, Amazon, UPS, limo, etc. in Downtown Vegas then call us ASAP.
Slip and Fall Safety Facts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has put together some ideas that can help a person prevent a slip and fall.
There are millions of people 65 and older that fall every year.
This takes a big toll on our health care system.
Slip and falls happen at all ages in the workplace and at home.
It is important to be careful wherever you are and aware of the risks.
Distractions in the Downtown Las Vegas area are everywhere.
An accident can happen when you least expect it.
- Speak with a Doctor – Make sure that you have proper medications and vitamins that will keep you healthy and lower the risk of an accident. Drowsiness can lead to fainting and a serious injury. Stay fit in order to keep your balance. Proper fitness is key in avoiding a slip and fall.
- Eyes – This is a big issue as we grow older. The eyesight that we once took for granted is no longer the same. The sooner you accept it the better. Wear glasses or contacts if needed. This will be a great help in avoiding an accident. Seeing the pothole or spill on the floor before you take the fall is key.
Work Slip and Falls – There are thousands of people downtown working every day. Be careful at work. Make sure that if you are working on something that needs certain tools and safety procedures that you are properly prepared. Make sure that the tools you use are good quality. This is especially true with ladders. Getting up and changing a light bulb can be unsafe if not careful. Water spills in the kitchen of a restaurant or bathroom should always be monitored so employees do not injure themselves.
Whether you are out and about, at home or work in Downtown Las Vegas a slip and fall can be a dangerous thing.
Richard Harris is located downtown and here to protect your rights if you were injured in an accident that you did not cause.
Let our lawyers handle the legal side of things while you get back on your feet.