Richard A. Harris
LAWYER AND FOUNDING PARTNER
“ ...everyone has a different story, YOUR story is what matters to me TODAY... ”
The Richard Harris Law Firm is the largest and one of the oldest, highest rated and most respected personal injury law practices for the people in Nevada. The Firm has been helping injured people since 1982. Initially associated with nationally known attorney and former Las Vegas Mayor, Oscar Goodman, Richard Harris also enjoyed successful partnerships with William Terry as Terry & Harris, and Randall Mainor as Mainor Harris. Members of Richard Harris’ firms have become Nevada District Court judges and named Nevada Trial Lawyer of the Year, including partner Ben Cloward. Partners of the firm have advanced training and certification in personal injury trial practice. Richard Harris with his partners and associates have recovered over one billion dollars for their injured clients and families.
Award winning with national recognition, the Richard Harris Law Firm has earned membership in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, Best Attorneys of America, Elite Lawyers of America, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Outstanding Lawyers of America, Super Lawyers and The Verdict Club as a Platinum Member. Lawyers, clients and cases of the firm have been featured in local and national media.
The Firm and its principal counsel have successfully handled mass tort defective prescription drug and medical device litigation on a local and national level for over 25 years including cases against Vitek, Inc., Guidant Corp. and Medtronic PLC. The Firm strategically partnered in mass tort litigation involving DePuy Hip Prostheses, Proton Pump Inhibitors, Taxotere, Xarelto, Risperdol, IVC Filter, Talcum Powder, Vaginal and Hernia Mesh. Partner Nia Killebrew successfully battled pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributers, medical professionals and insurers over the largest outbreak of Hepatitis C in United States history.
- Brigham Young University, bachelor’s in communications, cum laude
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D. (1980)
- Best Oral Advocate, finalist
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, LL.M. candidate in Dispute Resolution (2009)
- California (1980)
- Nevada (1980)
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Verdict Club, platinum member
- Nevada Justice Association, Board of Governors
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Badger Award, community service, Nevada
- Justice Association Series on Continuing
- Legal Education
Brigham Young University
University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law
Pepperdine University School of Law