Las Vegas Motor Vechicle Accident Lawyer
Multi-Million Dollar Jury Verdicts
A young father, his wife, and a cousin were on their way to the store when a drunk driver...More
A 19-year-old teenager was a passenger in his friend’s truck when the friend ran a red light, and they were hit by...More
A family was hit by a drunk driver. Each family member suffered moderate to severe injuries. A few months later...More
Three family members and a friend died in a house fire, which started in an upstairs bedroom. The smoke detectors failed...More
A Las Vegas mother of two suffered a severe head injury when she was involved in a head-on collision. She was...More
What caused the accident?
Driving Under the Influence
The Ultimate Guide for Car Accidents in NevadaYour car accident was caused by a unique set of circumstances. To the Las Vegas auto accident lawyers at Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm, that means your case deserves individual attention. We treat every case like it’s the only client we have.
Understand your legal rights after a serious auto accidentRegardless of what caused your accident, it’s your lawyer’s job to prove that another party’s negligence led to your accident. The Las Vegas car accident attorneys at Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm have experience handling a variety of vehicle accident cases, and we want to work with you, too.
Filing a Claim
- Obtain a copy of the police report if you plan to pursue damages for the accident.
- Collect contact information for the other driver(s) or any witnesses—you may have collected this information at the accident, or it can be found on the police report.
- Make initial contact with your insurance company to notify it that you were involved in an accident.
- Seek legal representation to protect your rights to compensation.
As your lawyer, we’ll contact your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company. We know what evidence to collect, what questions to ask, and how to deal with the insurance company so you don’t have to.
Auto Insurance CoverageAuto insurance is supposed to protect you in the event of an accident by covering the costs—or some of the costs—associated with your medical care, car repairs, and liability to other motorists or passengers.
We can help with all types of car accidents involving an Uber crash, Lyft crash, Uber pasenger accident, limo accident, or any other type of motor vehicle accident.
Bodily Injury Liability Insurance
Covers the cost of medical expenses for bodily injuries to passengers in your vehicle or other vehicles if you cause an accident.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Insurance
Pays for your medical expenses for bodily injury if the person who caused your accident has no insurance (uninsured) or not enough insurance (underinsured) to cover the cost of your care.
Property Damage Liability Insurance
Provides payment for damages—repairs or replacement—to another person’s car or property, such as a fence or telephone pole, if you cause an accident.
Nevada Minimum Requirements
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability of one person: $25,000
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability of two persons: $50,000
- Property Damage: $20,000
Property Damage ClaimsWhen you are injured in a car accident, your personal injury claim is handled separately from your vehicle damage claim—or property damage claim. While personal injury claims can often take months to settle, typically, property damage claims can be settled quickly and without the assistance of an attorney.
Property Damage Checklist
- Contact your insurance company to report your accident.
- Check for personal items if a tow truck takes your car.
- Decide if you want to use your own insurance to cover the damages.
- Contact the other driver’s insurance company. Take note of who you talk to and the claim number.
- Have your car’s damage appraised by a body shop.
- If your car is totaled, determine its actual cash value.
- Request a rental car from the insurance company if your car cannot be driven.
- If you have trouble dealing with the insurance company, or don’t feel that you’re being treated fairly, our auto injury attorneys are happy to help you find a lawyer who can help you settle your property damage claim.
Articles and more information on Motor Vehicle Accidents
Semi Truck Accidents
Are you eligible for benefits?
What are my responsibilities?
Truck accidents facts
Common Types of Claims
Who's at Fault?