Laughlin Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in Laughlin call us.
Don’t hire a Laughlin car accident lawyer from the phonebook!
Some facts below about Richard Harris Law Firm –
- BBB Top Rated Personal Injury Law Firm
- 1000’s of Positive reviews online
- Over $1 Billion Won for Clients
- Available 24/7
- Works on a Contingency Fee Basis
- Free Consultation
- Expert Negotiators
- Knows How to Deal with Insurance Companies
Our attorneys at Richard Harris have seen just about every type of personal injury case there is.
We are well versed in Laughlin, NV car injury accidents and will fight for you to get your case settled with the best results and compensation.
Dangerous Intersections in Laughlin, NV:
- State Road 163 and S. Casino Drive
- Laughlin Civic Drive and S Casino Drive
- Thomas Edison Drive and Bruce Woodbury Drive
State Road 163 brings you into the city from Nevada.
This can be a dangerous road with cars speeding in and out of town.
Same goes for the traffic coming in from Bullhead City, AZ on the other side of the river.
Bullhead Parkway brings residents and tourists into Laughlin.
It is important to be careful on the Laughlin Bridge Road when crossing the Nevada border.
There is a lot going on in Laughlin and our accident video footage is helpful in car accident claims.
There are about 50 restaurants to choose from, a bowling alley, shopping mall, museums, etc.
There is also gambling and top-notch entertainment.
With all the tourists and workers driving around town accidents happen.
It is also a 24-hour town which makes for more late-night activity on the roads.
Injured in a Laughlin Car Accident
A Laughlin car accident can come with injury.
If you are the victim of an accident and are injured by the fault of another than it is best to hire a Laughlin car accident injury attorney that can help you.
The Richard Harris Law Firm can help with Laughlin car accident cases at a stop sign, rear-end, head on, red light, speeding, and more.
We are your best chance at getting you the compensation for your losses that you deserve.
Contact our office today!
Causes of Car Accidents in Laughlin
Car accidents in Laughlin can be caused by many factors.
With all the distractions and excitement going on it is no wonder why there are automobile accidents in Laughlin.
- Distracted Driving – Driving around Laughlin can be distracting. Coming into town on the SR 163 is something to see. Drivers need to stay focused while cruising into the city. When you get to town and turn down Casino Drive it can be busy during certain times. Stay off the phone and be careful looking at the GPS. Eating, drinking, and playing music too loud can also be major distractions and a cause of an accident.
- DUI – Anytime there is 24-hour gaming, nightlife and drinking there will always be drunk driving. Driving Under the Influence happens more than ever with the legalization of marijuana. Even though there are Lyft and Uber drivers available to anyone under the influence it still happens at an alarming rate. DUI is one of the leading causes of car accidents.
- Tailgating – Driving aggressively on a person’s rear bumper is a great way to cause an accident. Once again this is totally avoidable but some drivers cannot get enough of it. This puts everyone in danger and if the person in front puts their brakes on suddenly a crash can easily occur. There is no reason to be so close to another car and it makes the road unsafe for all sharing the road.
- Weather – In Laughlin the weather is hot for a good part of the year. It does rain though and when it does roads can be extremely dangerous. Slippery streets can cause cars to spin out of control or skid when the brakes are applied. Visibility is also a major issue and windshields may be harder to see out of. All motor vehicles are at a higher risk when the roads are wet. Be careful and slow down when there is rain.
- Speeding – This is a big reason for many accidents. This could also be considered reckless driving if you are speeding and swerving in and out of traffic. Making improper lane changes and driving over the speed limit puts everyone on the road at risk. Speeding is also responsible for a large percentage of fatalities on the road. Remember speed kills so drive the speed limit. It is there for you and everyone on the road’s safety.
Types of Car Accidents in Laughlin
There are many different car accident types in Laughlin that can happen.
A fender bender without injury is the best result but not always the case.
Below are some of the common accident types that our law offices see every day.
- Rear End – Getting hit from behind is one of the most common accident types. We see it all the time. Cars with their hazards on in the road as we drive by is a familiar sight. Injury from these accidents can occur if at high speed where there is damage. Certain types of injuries of the back and neck can occur. Whiplash is common in rear-enders.
- Side Swipe – This is when a car’s front end hits the side of another vehicle. Often these accidents are called T-Bone collisions. Fatalities and injuries can happen when involved in this type of crash. These accidents are common at intersections when a driver runs a stop sign or red light. When impact is at high speed the injuries can be devastating.
- Head On – This is going to be the most life-threatening type of crash on the road. Injuries are bound to happen with this one and the damage shocking. Crossing into another lane and hitting head on can happen from swerving unexpectedly, falling asleep at the wheel, or passing another car. Never cross a double yellow line when passing. Turning into a one-way street is another reason for these accidents. A head on accident can happen in an instant.
- Roll Over – When a vehicle is in a crash and rolls over there most likely will be serious injury. If the car rolls over multiple times in an accident the results can be fatal. Trucks and SUVs are more likely to roll over because of the top-heavy weight of the vehicles but regular cars if hit just right can roll over as well. If a vehicle swerves to avoid something in the road it can create a roll over scenario. Many roll overs happen when a car goes off the road.
What to Get in a Police Report After Car Crash
Getting in a car accident can be overwhelming.
If you can keep your wits about you there are some things that you can do that can help your case down the line.
It is important to get a police report if you plan on going to court or filing an insurance claim for damages.
In any kind of settlement case a police report is vital and beneficial.
There are some important things within the police report that should be in it.
- Pictures or video from the police investigation.
- Any statements made by the drivers in the accident.
- Statements from witnesses that were involved or present when the accident occurred.
- Information on weather or road conditions at the time of the crash.
- Insurance and Drivers’ License information from everyone involved.
- Who was at fault for the accident?
- If there was a crime committed?
- If any of the drivers were DUI?
- Any investigative report that the police came up with should be added to the police report.
The police report should have all this information.
If you find yourself in this situation, contact us at Richard Harris.
Our lawyers will look at the police report and review your case.
Then we will come up with the best strategy on how to go forward. Call Today!
Information on Laughlin Nevada
If you have ever been to Laughlin than you know what a fun and beautiful town it is.
Casinos, hotels, and resorts all along the Colorado river make for one of the most scenic cities in Nevada.
Traffic is known to increase on the weekends especially during the holidays.
With 8 hotel/casinos and over 9000 rooms Laughlin attracts over 2 million visitors every year.
Laughlin has a population of around 9,000 residents.
This does not seem like a lot but there is a large influx of people daily.
Nearby communities like Bullhead City, Arizona and Needles, California bring a constant flow of people and traffic into town.
Los Angeles is only about 280 miles away and Las Vegas around 96.
When a car accident happens, it can be real drag.
There are some busy roads in Laughlin that are more likely to have an accident on them than others.
There are also some intersections that are much busier too.
Tourists and locals should all be aware of these when travelling the roads of Laughlin, NV.