Carson City Nevada Car Accident Law Firm
Car accidents happen every day in Carson City, Nevada.
With a population of over 58,000 it is now the 6th largest city in Nevada.
It is located about 30 miles south of Reno.
It is a town full of history, politics and is the state capital of Nevada.
When a car accident does occur in Carson City the possibility of injury always exists.
If an injury accident happens due to the fault of another it is a good idea to get a personal injury lawyer that specializes in car accidents in Carson City and all throughout the state of Nevada.
The Law Offices of Richard Harris have the expert attorneys that can help get you the compensation that you deserve.
Car accidents are all unique in their own way.
An accident may occur for a number of reasons.
There are unlimited ways a person may find themselves in one.
Some may be minor with no injuries at all while others may be serious with injuries, damages and lifelong consequences.
In worst case scenarios a car accident can be fatal.
Reasons for a Carson City Car Accident
- Aggressive Driving – There are many ways a driver may drive recklessly. Changing lanes back and forth, tailgating and speeding are all dangerous for the other vehicles on the road. Stay away from these types of drivers if possible and drive careful.
- Driving Distracted – The phone is the big problem in many accidents where a driver is distracted. All it takes is a split second to look down or away from the road for a dangerous situation to occur. Looking at maps, texts, emails etc. are all major distractions. Talking, eating, drinking and daydreaming are other ways an accident occurs.
- Drunk Driving – A drunk driver is always a danger when sharing the road. Any time a person gets behind the wheel after drinking they may have slower reaction time if they are in an accident situation. They may have been able to avoid the accident if they were not drunk. Drunk driving is the cause of many deaths in the US and Nevada. A driver may make bad and dangerous decisions when they get behind the wheel. Don’t ever drink and drive.
- Road Maintenance – A road if not properly maintained can create havoc. A pothole will sometimes make a tire blowout which can cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle. Driving around construction sites or areas where road maintenance is going on can be dangerous. Traffic may need to be brought into a one lane situation and it is important for the safety of everyone to slow down in these zones.
- Running Red Lights or Stop Signs – When a driver runs a red light or a stop sign, the results can be devastating. Stops signs and red lights are put there for a reason. They are meant to make an intersection safer. If a vehicle rolls through it or just doesn’t stop at all the chance of an accident with injury increases. Make a complete stop and make sure that you look in every direction. These accidents can also be fatal.
Car accidents are common in the US and many of them are caused by driver error.
It is always important to obey the rules of the roads and highways in Carson City in order to avoid a crash.
That all sounds great but quite often an accident can be due to the fault of another.
A person may find themselves in a crash and situation beyond their control.
Why Call Richard Harris?
We are experts in all types of personal injury in Nevada.
This most definitely includes Carson City.
It is important to have a car accident injury attorney if a crash with injury does occur.
We can help guide you through all the legal issues that come with an accident.
Injuries may keep a person from going to work and medical bills can easily start to add up.
Insurance companies may try and settle with a low-ball offer if you are not properly represented.
Make sure you don’t get taken advantage of and get your maximum compensation.
Richard Harris has won over $1 Billion for clients over the 40 plus years of being in business.
Injuries from a car accident can be minor in some cases but major in others.
The seriousness depends on factors like the speed and size of the vehicles colliding.
A crash at low speed can also leave a person with injury.
It is best to always get checked out by a doctor anytime you are involved in a Carson City car accident.
Injuries from a Carson City Car Accident
- Whiplash – This can be painful and serious. Any time the neck moves at a rapid back and forth motion tendons and muscles will be affected. This injury can also linger for days, months or leave permanent issues. Sometimes after an accident the victim may not feel the true extent of the injuries. Whiplash can lead to many doctors’ visits which can add up financially quickly.
- Head Injury – This can come in different forms. A concussion can be a serious injury when the head suddenly moves or hits a steering wheel or airbag. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) can occur when the head is injured. Head injuries can lead to ringing in ears, loss of memory and headaches are common. A person may later have problems focusing, concentrating or have that dizzy feeling. Medical attention is necessary to evaluate the severity of these injuries.
- Broken Bones – A car accident can cause a bone to break when the force on the bone is greater than the strength of the bone. There are no bones off limits in a car accident. It is common to see breaks in arms, legs, ankles, wrists and ribs. There is always time for healing these bones and a person’s work may be affected. Surgery to set the bone breaks may be necessary and casts and rehab are all part of it. Broken ribs are another common injury.
- Internal Organs – This injury type is dangerous. When a person damages internal organs it may be difficult to detect. Internal bleeding may occur from this trauma leaving a victim with serious long-term issues. The key is to seek medical attention and try to diagnose the problem early before it turns into a life-threatening situation.
- Cuts and Bruises – Lacerations can happen in an accident from flying glass or hitting the door, window or steering wheel. Cuts and bruises can be painful and a person may need stitches or plastic surgery to heal the wounds. There is always a chance for infection and this could further complicate the recovery process.
- Emotional Suffering – Some injuries may be of the physical nature others may be emotional. A traumatic experience can come with lasting issues that may need time to heal mentally. A person may be scared to get behind the wheel again. Even though the accident may not have been the person’s fault they may still feel guilt. Mental suffering is not uncommon in a car accident.
A person who has been injured by another in a Carson City car accident should not be held responsible for all these expenses.
The party that caused the damage and injury should be.
Another reason Richard Harris is the right choice.
Let us fight for you.
Dangerous Intersections in Carson City
- N Carson Street and E William Street
- S Carson Street and E 5th Street
- Carson Street and Musser Street
- E William Street and Stewart Street
These are just a few of the intersections where traffic and accidents may happen.
Interstate 580 and US 50 are some main highways that run through and around Carson City where accidents happen as well.
Drive careful when in Carson City and let’s avoid a car accident.
However, if a car accident does happen and there is injury caused by another call the most respected personal injury law firm in Nevada, the Law Offices of Richard Harris.
Common Types of Car Accidents
A car accident can happen in many ways. Here are some common types our law firm sees in Carson City.
- Rear Ender – A common accident type usually caused by either the person in front slamming their brakes on or a driver not paying attention and crashing into the back of another vehicle. Rear end collisions can have many different types of injuries. They can be serious if they are at high speed.
- Head On Collision – These are some of the most dangerous and deadly. A car may get on a road or highway going the wrong direction. They occur sometimes when a car turns the wrong way on a 1-way street. A person nods off on a highway and goes into the other lane head on. Stay alert.
- Rollover – This can happen if the wheel gets pulled to fast in a direction. Some SUV type vehicles can be top heavy and rollover accidents can occur. If a car goes off the road a roll over situation can also be created.
- T-bone – all too common you see a car sideswipe another vehicle.