Chest Pain After Car Crash
If you have chest pain after a car accident you need to seek medical attention immediately. Don’t just assume the pain will go away because you might be seriously injured and need medical care ASAP.
The problem with chest injuries in a car accident is that they are not always obvious.
You may think that the pain will go away and therefore not seek immediate medical attention.
The chest being injured is nothing to mess around with and serious issues can arise days after the injury occurs.
There are some accidents where the chest area is impacted and right away you know that there is a serious problem.
There is no hiding the pain of broken or cracked ribs after an accident.
The problem sometimes is that a person after an injury may feel like it will heal up on its own and not get to a doctor when they should have been checked out.
This can lead to serious medical complications down the line.
Get to a doctor and get the proper diagnosis of the injury.
It is important to also seek a personal injury car accident attorney.
Who Was At Fault
If the injury was due to the fault of another then you may be able to seek compensation.
Getting a chest injury can land you in the hospital and may take some time to heal.
This will inevitably lead to doctors’ visits and medical bills.
We all know how expensive getting medical attention can be.
It can add up quickly and be overwhelming and stressful.
The Richard Harris Law Firm will give you a free consultation after an accident.
If there is a case, we will fight for getting you the just and maximum compensation for the damages from the accident.
If you were not at fault then you should not be paying for all the expenses from the accident.
Call The Law Offices of Richard Harris Today!
Causes for A Chest Injury in A Car Accident
Getting in a car accident can cause all types of injuries.
An injury to the chest can be painful and dangerous if not treated with medical attention immediately.
The part of the body between your neck and your stomach area are vulnerable in a crash.
Getting knocked around in an accident is normal and depending on how hard the impact is can determine how bad the injuries are.
Seatbelts, airbags, steering wheels, and doors can all cause injuries.
If you are a passenger in the back seat then hitting the back of the front seats can also be damaging.
Accidents That Cause Injuries
Of course car accidents happen for many reasons in Nevada, but we listed some of the most common situations below.
Chest Injuries from Airbags
An airbag can be a blessing in some crashes but can also cause injury in others.
An airbag injury can happen if there is a malfunction in the sensor and the airbag deploys at the wrong time.
The airbag also has gasses that are often released that can give a person respiratory issues.
Airbag recalls in vehicles are something that is quite common.
Issues with an airbag may not be discovered until the accident occurs.
Chest injuries can happen when the airbag hits those in the vehicle in the chest.
The fabric that is on the airbag can cause burns to the chest, face, and other areas that it hits if the skin slides across it.
Where Chest Pain Can Occur After a Car Accident
Injuries from an accident can include many different parts of the chest area.
This is why it’s always a good idea to seek medical attention if you were involved in a car crash.
Some of these include;
- Fractured Ribs – Broken or cracked ribs can seriously hurt and take a while to heal. Just breathing can be excruciating. This is one of the most sensitive and painful parts of the body. Sharp debilitating pain can come from a fractured rib. Cracked ribs can lead to other problems if not treated with proper medical attention.
- Bruised Ribs – Rib injuries are common in car accidents. If you are lucky enough not to break them you may have bruised ribs. Seat belts and steering wheels can put some serious pressure on the rib area and leave them wounded. This is going to hurt and be tender. Diagnostic tests can be a big help in determining the extent of the injuries.
- Sternum – This is also referred to as the breastbone. This is a long flat bone that is in the center of the chest and connected to the ribs with cartilage. This bone and the rib cage protect the heart, lungs, and blood vessels. An injured sternum can be incredibly painful and incapacitating.
- Lungs – The lung can be punctured or bruised in a car crash. It can happen if the rib or sternum is fractured and a piece of bone from it hits the lung in the impact. Ouch!
- Soft Tissue – All the muscles, tissues and tendons that surround the chest are all at risk of injury when hit in a car wreck. The chest can be strained when an accident happens because it is working to protect the body. Significant pain can come from muscle strains and any movement in the area can be uncomfortable. Inflammation can occur from the strain and will hurt until the area is properly healed. This can take some time.
- Heart – Internal organs like the heart, liver and spleen can all be impacted in a serious accident. Pressure from impact on the heart can be deadly. An overwhelming experience like a car accident can be stressful on the heart. It can be so stressful that the person gets a heart attack. A heart attack has some symptoms like; shortness of breath, indigestion, nausea, and chest pain. Immediate emergency attention is important.
When the chest is injured, it can have major effects on the person.
The person can become confused and begin to panic when they are having trouble breathing.
Chest injuries can create a life-threatening situation.
Respiratory failure can do some serious damage to the organs and this can be deadly.
Sometimes it takes ultra sound, x rays, blood tests and other examinations in order to find out the severity of a blow to the chest.
Do not underestimate a chest injury and get to a doctor.
$ Compensation for A Chest Injury in A Car Accident
Anytime that you are injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another you have every right to seek compensation.
Having a highly trained personal injury car accident attorney on your side can make a major difference in the outcome of the case.
The Richard Harris Law Firm are ready to look at your case.
If it has merit, we will do everything that we can in order to get you the settlement that you deserve.
We are here to win and get you paid for the damages that are related to you case.
- Medical Expenses
- Lost wages
- Emotional Distress
- Pain and Suffering
The Richard Harris Law Firm have expert negotiators and trial attorneys that know how to win.
What To Do If You Have Chest Pain After Car Accident?
As we have already stated get to a doctor as soon as possible.
They will hopefully get you the treatment that is needed in order to get you better.
This could include hospitalization and care that may take some time to heal up.
Time to rest will often lead to time away from the job.
A car accident attorney can help you to better prepare a legal claim in most cases.
Here are some things that will help you when filing a claim.
- Save all the receipts and bills that are related to the car accident. Any expenses that were a result of the crash will need documentation for a successful lawsuit.
- Let the insurance company know about the accident. Make sure to give specifics when it comes to medical reports. Do not hold back when it comes to letting them know about the pain and injuries you are dealing with.
- If you were aware of the details of the accident, then it is important to record and write them down. Keep a record of what you were doing, who was with you and where you were going.
- Do not sign anything that with the insurance company. In distress they may get you to sign something that could relieve them of liability. This could come back later to haunt you.
- Contact Richard Harris. A personal injury car accident attorney can help you figure out the right insurance settlement. If any legal complications arise then our law office will sort them out with you. Insurance companies can be hard to deal with and will try and give low ball offers. Our attorneys have years of experience dealing with the insurance companies. Fighting for your rights and getting you the maximum compensation is our goal.
We are here to help answer any questions that you may have about your case.