Las Vegas, NV Burn Injury Attorney
Las Vegas, Nevada, is known for its dazzling lights, spontaneous vibe, and fun-loving spirit. This entertainment capital of the world is the most populous city in Nevada. Adding to the bustle, more than 3.5 million tourists visited in January 2020 alone. No doubt, some of the happiest moments of the year happen on the Las Vegas Strip.
Your memories might not be pleasant, though, if you experienced a Las Vegas burn injury. You might be in pain and wondering how you can find financial relief to compensate for your losses.
Whether a tourist or a resident, you can count on Richard Harris Law Firm to defend your legal rights after a personal injury accident in Las Vegas, NV. A Vegas burn injury lawyer can also help you with your workers’ compensation injury claim if you got hurt at work.
Accidents can occur at any moment, anywhere in the city. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are there for you when you need comfort and a helping hand. You can get legal advice for free by calling or texting (702) 745-8555 any time of the day or night.
How Negligence Can Lead to Burn Injuries
In Las Vegas, almost 71 percent of fire deaths happen in residential and nonresidential buildings. The second most common place for a fatal fire is in a vehicle. As Las Vegas personal injury lawyers, we investigate the causes behind dangerous blazes.
According to the US Fire Administration, an estimated 11 percent or more of all fires were intentionally set in 2019. Common causes of another 1,045,947 fires were:
- Electrical malfunction
- Equipment failure or misuse
- Natural forces
Some of these fires were preventable. Unfortunately, your burn injuries might have occurred due to negligence.
For example, responsible property owners regularly inspect their premises to find and correct potential fire hazards. Failure to perform inspections or fix issues could lead to deadly fires. If someone is hurt, Las Vegas burn injury lawyers can take legal action to hold the negligent party responsible for their breaches of duty.
Negligence can also play a role in fires that occur on premises where potential fire hazards are always present. Property owners should display warnings to warn others of the risk. In a case like that, a personal injury attorney could pursue premises liability compensation based on the property owner’s negligence.
Our talented Las Vegas burn injury lawyers can seek to determine whether someone else’s negligence led to death, injury, or property loss in your case. To have your potential burn injury lawsuit or claim evaluated, please contact our law firm for a free legal consultation. Richard Harris Law Firm’s team members understand the catastrophic damage of Las Vegas fires, and we want you to get what you deserve for your pain and suffering.
How Burn Injuries Change Victims’ Lives
Burn injuries can wreak havoc on a person’s life. The physical pain and suffering resulting from a severe burn are unimaginable for someone who has not experienced it.
Our caring team of burn injury lawyers wants to help you seek justice if you have suffered the following types of burns:
- Thermal burns: Excessive heat, such as steam, flame, or hot liquids or surfaces, cause thermal burns. A small percentage of thermal burn patients need specialized medical care at a burn center. About 86 percent of all burns requiring medical attention are thermal burns.
- Chemical burns: Chemical burns are often associated with exposure to acids or irritants. Household products like bleach, ammonia, and hair coloring agents can cause dangerous, even deadly, chemical reactions. A chemical burn might injure a victim’s eyes, respiratory system, digestive system, and skin, requiring medical treatment to avoid permanent damage.
- Electrical burns: Electrical burns are due to the passage of high-energy current through the body. Coming into contact with an electrical source (e.g. lightning, high voltage fences, downed power lines, defective products, or appliances) can cause electrical injuries. Since the severity of electric burns is not always apparent from outward appearances, it is essential to seek an expert medical opinion after an electric shock accident.
- Radiation burns: Radiation burns can damage skin and internal organs. Radiation burns could result from UV rays, x-rays, or radiotherapy. Some medicines can increase your risk.
Negligence could be the source behind these common causes of burn injuries. A Las Vegas burn attorney can help you uncover the truth on your behalf.
These fires generate 1.1 million burn injuries serious enough to require medical attention every year. What are some of the health consequences of burn injuries?
Severe skin damage
One burn injury scale refers to the extent of damage to each layer of skin. A burn injury lawyer can help you determine your compensation for:
- First-degree burns: First-degree burns affect the top layer of skin. Your skin might swell and appear red. Sunburn is one example of a first-degree burn.
- Second-degree burns: The effects of second-degree burns extend through the first two layers of skin. Painful blisters, a deep reddening of the skin, and a glossy look from leaking fluid characterize these burns. You might also experience loss of some skin.
- Third-degree burns: Third-degree burns reach through all the layers of your skin. They cause permanent tissue damage, the loss of skin, and charred patches of white, brown, or black skin. Your skin might have a dry, leathery appearance and feel.
- Fourth-degree burns: A fourth-degree burn involves the skin and underlying tissue. It could include muscle and bone damage. Fourth-degree burns destroy nerve endings.
After a burn injury, the skin changes as it heals. At every stage, victims might feel depressed and self-conscious about their wounds. Permanent disfigurement can also affect a victim’s health and mobility.
The phases of healing for serious burns might include:
- Light-colored or pink skin covers open wounds – Doctors might use skin grafts to cover areas of damaged or missing skin
- Scars darken the skin – Scarring can be painful and it can also make the skin stiff and unevenly textured
- Scars might soften and flatten as they mature – The skin tone might return closer to the victims’ natural skin tone; medical treatment could include reconstructive surgery to improve the appearance of burn injuries
- Severe burns can damage skin structures – Including cartilage, hair follicles, and limbs, fingers, and toes; if hair follicles are destroyed, no hair will grow at the burn site, but there may be treatments recommended for damage this severe
Death is the unfortunate consequence for 180,000 burn injury victims every year worldwide. If your loved one suffered a burn injury that resulted in his or her death, our law firm knows that you need justice more than anyone. An experienced Vegas burn injury attorney can help you seek financial compensation by means of a wrongful death claim.
In 2019, fires caused $14.8 billion in property damage. As part of your settlement, a burn injury lawyer can negotiate monetary reimbursement for repairs to property (i.e. houses, cars, and insured valuables).
Get Maximum Burn Injury Compensation in Las Vegas, NV
In the United States, a fire department responds to home or building fires every 24 seconds. Courts tend to measure the losses of these accident injury claims in amounts of money, according to medical expenses, lost wages, and the cost to repair and replace damaged or lost property.
Our hard-working Las Vegas burn injury attorneys working with Richard Harris seek compensation for these damages. Yet, we realize that when burns occur, your whole life can be affected. Our goal is to pursue maximum compensation for Nevada fire accident victims so you can regain your peace of mind.
Would you like to know what an experienced Las Vegas burn injury lawyer can do for you? Don’t let the medical bills pile up or endure months without your lost wages. Contact our talented burn injury attorneys in Las Vegas, NV, today concerning any of our practice areas.
Find out what compensation you may be due for all types of burn injuries by calling (702) 745-8555. Or start chatting live with an injury claim agent by clicking the icon at the bottom of this screen.