Henderson Nevada Car Accident Lawyer
Henderson, Nevada is the second largest city in the state only behind Las Vegas and is growing every day in population.
It is a popular destination for families or those moving here alone because of its great year around climate, job prospects, welcoming people and recreational facilities.
Henderson has many neighborhoods within the city limits including: Green Valley North, Green Valley Ranch, Lake Las Vegas and Anthem to name just a few.
Like Las Vegas, Henderson is a 24-hour city with casinos, resorts, restaurants, shopping centers and movie theatres which are places where traffic is always constant.
Being involved in a Henderson car accident can really cause stress and disrupt a person’s life, but our law firm is here to help you and your loved ones if this ever occurs.
The city of Henderson is always working on ways to create a safer driving environment for all its residents and visitors.
Nevada’s Strategic Highway Safety Plan (SHSP) is a statewide, comprehensive strategy that offers a coordinated agenda in the effort of reducing fatalities and serious injuries on Nevada’s public roads in Henderson.
Car accidents are inevitable and happen for a wide variety of reasons in Henderson no matter how careful you drive or the city’s planning.
Causes for Car Accidents in Henderson NV
- Distracted Driving – There are so many distractions these days while driving and drivers are constantly multitasking on the road. Talking on the phone is quite common as is drinking, eating and checking a driving app to find a location. Always be aware.
- Car Maintenance Issues – It is always important to keep your car properly maintained. Bad brakes, tires, lights are most common causes of maintenance issue accidents.
- Poor road conditions – All around Henderson and the Las Vegas Valley, road construction is everywhere. Sometimes the cones and signage create confusion for approaching drivers. Roads are ripped up and often drivers are forced into one lane which in Clark County can cause big problems.
- Speeding – This is a major problem in Henderson. Driving over the speed limit can be deadly and injuries can be life threatening in these types of accidents. A car accident at high speed can cause serious bodily damage as well as property damage. Always be sure to drive the speed limit.
- DUI – Driving under the Influence of drugs or alcohol is the cause of many accidents. In the state of Nevada, the blood alcohol limit is .08 and .04 for commercial drivers. Marijuana is also considered illegal to be under the influence of as well.
- Reckless Driving – There are many ways that a driver can cause an accident while driving irresponsibly. Switching lanes without using their turn signal or checking mirrors can cause an accident in an instant. Slamming on brakes or following a vehicle too close. When a driver is using the turning lane to pass there is always a risk. One that you will see often in Henderson is when drivers weave in and out of lanes passing drivers along the way like they are rushing to get to Green Valley casino or the Fiesta.
A Henderson car accident can happen for many reasons and we at The Richard Harris Law Firm have years of experience in these types of cases and are here to help.
If you need a car accident lawyer in Henderson to review your case then call us today.
Drunk Driving Statistics
The Las Vegas Valley has seen its fair share of car accidents and Henderson is no exception.
A 24-hour town has even more opportunity for this type of car accident to occur.
MADD has reported before that nationwide over 10 million people have been known to drive under the influence of alcohol, while over 10,000 wrongful deaths were blamed on DUI.
Getting a DUI in Henderson can be very costly and life altering depending on each individual case.
Some of the most common penalties include community service, license suspension, fines and jail time in Nevada.
Depending on the BAC blood alcohol content the penalties can increase in Clark County.
There is no good reason to drive under the influence in this day and age of Uber or Lyft, but many clowns drive drunk and don’t care about the outcome.
If you were hit by a drunk driver in Henderson, contact a car accident attorney immediately at the Law Offices of Richard Harris.
Henderson car accident lawyer Richard Harris will ensure that you and your family members receive the utmost expert legal help, medical treatment, and the financial compensation you deserve.
How a Henderson Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
The Richard Harris Law Firm can investigate to learn more about what happened to you and figure out who was liable.
Depending on the circumstances, we could review your medical records, a police report, studies related to product safety, and build your case from there.
You never want to fight the insurance companies alone.
We may consult with independent experts to find out if a health care provider failed to meet the standard of care.
Or if a product was unsafe because of a manufacturing defect or a dangerous design, or if a critical part in a vehicle failed and led to an accident here in Henderson.
Once we determine who is responsible for your injuries, we might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against that individual, company, or institution.
Call Richard Harris Law Firm today.
Common Injuries From a Car Accident
Car accidents in Henderson will occur at any time.
Rush hour traffic car accidents in the morning and evenings have a significantly higher probability in almost every major city.
Preferably you will want to go from the scene of the accident to the hospital or doctor in order to prove your injuries, this will help your case.
Remember, the insurance companies are always looking to lower your potential settlement.
If you do have a car crash there are some common injuries that will occur more than others.
- Whiplash – This is very common in car accidents. This injury affects the nerves, muscles and neck tendons and can be seriously damaging. Often the person does not feel the severity right away which can be difficult to heal.
- Head Injury – Often a car accident can result in the head or face hitting a steering wheel or an airbag. This can lead to concussions, contusions, bruising and broken bones. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) can also occur if impact is hard enough.
- Bone Breaks – Bracing for an accident can cause arms and wrists to fracture. A scaphoid fracture can happen when the small bone in the wrist breaks. Some of the other types of bone breaks include; collar bones, femurs, ankles, ribs etc.
- Back Injury – If you are in a car accident and injure your spine the results can be lifelong. When there is trauma to the lumbar, cervical, thoracic or any type of spinal cord injury paralysis from the neck down can occur. Approximately 40 percent of these types of spine injuries are caused by car accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident in Henderson you will need a personal injury attorney on your side.
Going to court can be a lengthy and traumatic process, but your lawyer will worry about the hard part so that you can focus on your recovery.
The Law Offices of Richard Harris will be there every step of the way.
Important Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Driving the city streets and highways of Henderson, NV can be dangerous at times.
Anytime you get in your car there is some kind of risk involved.
It is important to know some basic knowledge of what to do after an accident occurs that will help your case later with the insurance companies or in court.
If possible, these helpful steps are important to do even it is a simple fender bender or a major motor vehicle accident.
- Stop the car
- Check for injuries and then the well-being of others involved
- Only move the vehicle out of traffic if it is safe to do so
- If there are injuries call 911
- It is crucial to get as much information from the scene as possible.
- Get info from the witnesses
- Get info on license plates, vehicle identification number and registration
- Take pictures with your cell phone of the accident
- Call the Law Offices of Richard Harris