Beauty Salon and Day Spa Injuries
Everybody wants to look good and for most of us that involves a trip to the salon, spa or barbershop.
We spend billions of dollars a year on beauty and wellness products.
From a haircut at the barbershop to a full spa day at a high-end hotel spa and everything in between.
We are a culture always willing to try anything to remain youthful or look polished.
But underneath the instagram photos of the perfect hair color and cut or the latest spa craze there is a dark side to the salon beauty industry.
Many people don’t realize that every year there are thousands of injuries that happen at salons due to chemicals, sharp objects, or electrical issues.
When you come to Vegas you want to look good.
Maybe you brought a dress from home and have plans for a nice dinner and a show.
So you make an appointment at the salon at the hotel you’re staying in to get your hair and make up done.
But what happens when the hairdresser burns your forehead with a hot iron?
This is the type of injury that could scar you for life if it’s bad enough.
What happens after this horrible experience?
You need to call The Richard Harris Law Firm, we have many years of experience dealing with injuries from the salon.
Most Common Salon Injuries
Most people don’t think of the salon as a place that can be dangerous and cause injuries or infections that can have lasting or permanent effects.
But even your longtime trusted stylist can cause injury to you.
There is a board in Nevada that is meant to protect customers.
Here are some of the most common injuries that happen in the beauty salon.
- Burns- There are two types of burns that you can get at a salon. The first is chemical burn. Chemical burns are caused by the chemical they use to color, straighten, or dye hair. Chemical burns happen when the chemicals are left on too long or the chemicals are defective or you could have an allergic reaction. Skin burns are the second type of burn associated with salons. These come from hot tools like flat irons, curling irons, or hair dryers. These happen when your stylist accidentally burns your head or skin with the hot tools or the tools are defective.
- Infections– If you’ve ever had a pedicure and soak your feet in the water you’ve questioned how clean everything is right? Well infection due to unsanitary conditions are a huge thing in salons. Most people don’t realize that salons like restaurants are inspected and regulated by the health department. But if a salon is not cleaned properly you could be in for things like athletes foot fungus, staph infections or bacterial infections. Some of these require prescription medication and doctors visits to clear up. Staph infections however can be dangerous and if not treated can be deadly.
- Slip and falls – There’s always a lot going on in a salon, like hair cuts, coloring, styling and so on. There is always water or products on the floor as well as cut hair and they are always sweeping or mopping. This is just an accident waiting to happen when the floor is wet and hazardous and maybe the staff doesn’t know that’s when patrons fall and accidents happen.
- Cuts– There are plenty of sharp objects in a salon: Scissors, hair cutting shears, nail clippers, razors etc. All of these tools can be dangerous and cause cuts and lacerations if not used properly or are defective.
- Hair loss – This is actually quite common and can cause real mental harm to the victim. Don’t sit quiet if you’ve been injured in a salon. Call us today for a Free consultation.
Our personal appearance is very important since it’s the first thing people notice about you, but any injury at the salon can be devastating and can cause lasting physical and emotional damage.
Working with an experienced personal injury attorney can leave you with financial compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured in a salon in Nevada you need to call The Richard Harris Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Compensation For Salon Accidents
Like all injuries and personal injury claims you may be eligible for financial compensation for your injuries.
Determining compensation is not an exact science and is determined by the court based on several factors including the severity of the injury.
Was your injury a third degree burn with scarring from a defective curling iron?
Or was it a singed hair burn from over done chemicals that will grow back?
Who was at fault?
Was the stylist at fault for being inexperienced or not paying attention?
Or were the tools or chemicals faulty?
Was the floor wet without a sign of someone cleaning it up?
Or was it properly marked and being cleaned by staff?
These are just a few examples of some of the factors that go into determining what compensation you’ll receive.
Compensation may include:
- Medical expenses related to the injuries or future medical expenses– For example if you were burned by chemicals you’ll need burn treatment and maybe even skin graft to repair the burnt or scarred area.
- Lost income- If you missed work due to this injury or need to get medical treatment and you miss work you can be compensated for your missed time.
- Pain and suffering- Pain and suffering is determined by how severe your injuries are and the physical and emotional toll that these injuries have taken on you.
- Punitive damages- Basically to punish the at fault party for their negligence.
What to do After an Injury at the Salon
Like all businesses, salons, barber shops and spas all carry insurance for their business.
So if you have been injured at the salon you should seek out medical attention immediately especially for any burns that you may have suffered.
You need to notify the owner or manager of the salon as soon as the accident happens if they were not present.
Most owners will contact the insurance company immediately.
You should never speak to any insurance adjuster without legal representation.
Insurance companies will try to deny the claim altogether or minimize the claim so they can pay the minimum.
So before you speak to anyone about your case you should always call an experienced personal injury firm.
A good legal team will deal with the insurance companies and insurance adjusters.
If you have reported the incident to the owners and got medical attention and the owner still hasn’t submitted a claim to the insurance company your legal team can start one for you.
If you have been injured in an accident at any salon call the top Las Vegas accident injury lawyer Richard Harris.
Why Call The Richard Harris Law Firm
We know you have choices when it comes to legal representation.
At Richard Harris our clients and getting the largest settlement allowable by law is our goal.
We work as a team to represent our clients.
We have been serving the community of Las Vegas (Summerlin, Reno, North Las Vegas, Henderson) and all of Nevada for 40 years.
Our personal injury firm operates on a contingency basis that means we take no money up front and only get paid when we win your case.
We have recovered over $1 billion dollars for our clients over the years.
Our staff is available 24/7 for a case review or free consultation.
No case is too small.