Summerlin Truck Accident Lawyer
Although it is well regulated, the commercial trucking industry is known for adding danger to the roads and freeways of Summerlin and Las Vegas.
From driver error and many vehicles not being maintained properly, these 18-wheeler trucks can cause serious problems for other drivers and motorists on the road.
Anytime you drive near an 18-wheeler you need to be very cautious.
If you were injured in a truck accident in Nevada, then it’s critical that your truck accident attorney is among the best in Summerlin.
Large corporate insurance companies do everything they can to avoid paying out a claims so don’t fight them alone.
Experienced personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, Richard Harris is here to help and answer any questions you have about medical bills, rental car expenses, etc.
Our truck accident lawyers in Summerlin will fight for you and your family to make sure you get the settlement you are owed.
Why Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Summerlin?
If you are ever involved in a truck accident in Summerlin (or anywhere in Clark County), you’ll need a good truck lawyer accident lawyer on your side to ensure you get treated fairly.
Dealing with medical bills and hospital costs, insurance adjusters, injuries, and missed hours at work can cause a truck accident victim to be lost and give up hope.
The Law Offices of Richard Harris in Las Vegas are very experienced when it comes to helping injury victims invloved in a truck crash.
Do not take on the Big insurance companies alone. Call Us.
- Over 1,000 reviews with Google, Facebook
- Our law firm actually answers the phone
- Good rating on the Better Business Bureau
- We treat our clients with kindness
- We know how to handle the insurance companies
Truck Accident Statistics
In 2020, Las Vegas had one of its worse years of traffic accidents in their history despite all the shutdowns and people working from home throughout the Valley.
Nationally truck accidents make up about 6.5 percent of total accidents.
Deaths from Truck Accidents
In 2019, 16% of all traffic accident fatalities were truck related.
Las Vegas had over 300 fatalities on the state roads in 2020 surpassing the previous year’s totals.
Intoxicated Truck Drivers Statistics
This Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) for truck drivers is 0.04.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has revealed that drunk driving is a big problem for truckers. In recent years almost 5,000 commercial truck drivers died in accidents that were alcohol related with many others injured.
Percentage of Accidents due to driver error
The highest percentage of traffic accidents is due to driver error and is the most common cause of 18-wheeler crashes.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety And Security Management (FMCSA) revealed that 80 percent of vehicle crashes are due to driver error. These numbers are staggering when you think about it.
Common Injuries from Semi-Truck Accidents
Having Some serious injuries after being hit by a semi-truck are pretty common.
The weight of these big rigs can often exceed 40 tons compared to a regular passenger vehicle of about 2.5 tons.
Large trucks take much longer to come to a complete stop especially if the cargo is not properly loaded in the trailer attached.
This increases the odds of serious injury if in a collision.
Below you will find a list of injuries typically seen from truck accidents:
- Broken bones
- Head injury
- Spinal cord
- Wrongful death
- Internal injury
- Back and neck
- Seat belt injury
If you are dealing with these types of injuries then contact The Law Offices of Richard Harris today and get answers.
What is an Average Settlement for Semi-Truck Accident?
If you are ever injured in a trucking accident, then you’ll want to know “how much cash $$ is my truck accident claim worth potentially?”
Often times truck accidents involve serious injuries and larger settlements than a typical car accident.
Most commercial carriers and insurance companies will be difficult to deal with.
Truck drivers in Summerlin (and the USA) are required to drive in a safer and cautious manner because they have a CDL (commercial driver’s license).
To keep a CDL, truckers must stick to safety regulations meant to protect the public here in Summerlin.
There is no easy method or way to determine what a truck accident settlement will be worth, and that is why you need to hire a Summerlin truck accident lawyer that will help your family.
The most important thing to do is to contact a truck accident lawyer like Richard Harris here in Las Vegas.
Serious truck accidents will involve police and a complete investigation, insurance adjuster, and often time the courts.
This is very stressful.
Call our law firm today to get answers.
Common Types of 18-Wheeler Accidents
Driving on the Summerlin freeways can be extremely dangerous anytime you mix in large trucks that share our roads.
With road construction and traffic on the increase in the Summerlin area, commercial trucks are at real risk of an accident with devastating results.
If you were injured in an accident then contact our truck accident lawyers today.
Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Tire blowout – can happen anytime anywhere
- Jackknife – when a trucker has to brake suddenly, it can cause the trailer to skid creating a 90-degree angle
- Rollover – if driver loses control the truck can easily slide and then rollover
- Rear-end – larger trucks can cause serious injuries (or death)
- Wide turn – a trucker swings wide left before making a right turn
- Head on – causes fatal injuries or life-long disabilities
- T-bone – truck driver runs a red light and hits another vehicle on the side
- Lost load – cargo that isn’t loaded properly is dangerous
Main Reasons for Truck Accidents in Summerlin
Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers cause wrekcs every day in the Las Vegas Valley, and often times the damage they cause is horrendous.
Automobile drivers and passengers always get the worst part of the crash because the truck is so much bigger and usually higher up.
There are even specific regulations in Nevada that deal with the size and weight limits of trucks and the cargo they carry.
Common causes for semi-truck accidents in Summerlin are –
- Trailers carrying too much weight – when a trailer is overloaded or loads are unsecured and unsafe the severity of the outcome can be tragic
- Truck defect issues – problems with the wheels, tires and brakes appear to be the most common causes of accidents.
- Truck driver errors – the largest percentage of large truck accidents occur as a result of driver error
- Speeding – this type of recklessness can be devastating with a regular size vehicle but when a loaded big rig is driving at excessive speeds some of the worst damage can occur.
- Tailgating – with trucks needing more time and space to stop then regular vehicles driving aggressively too close to the automobile in front of you can have bad results
- Use of drugs or alcohol – this is incredibly dangerous and reckless, truckers who drive impaired put everyone’s lives at risk
- Trucker fatigue – state law does impose hourly driving limits, but truckers drive many long distances and have unrealistic delivery deadlines to deal with
- Bad weather and road conditions – truck drivers can experience wet roads from the rain in Summerlin as well as oil slicks and road construction
- Improperly maintained trucks and equipment – another leading cause for major truck accidents is a failure to maintenance the vehicles properly
Common Types of Trucks on Summerlin Roads
Nowadays there are a lot of commercial trucks on the freeways and roadways throughout Las Vegas which definitely causes many auto accidents.
Below is a list of the more common large trucks that pose a danger to pedestrians and motorists.
- Tow trucks – sadly tow trucks are meant to clean up after accidents
- Tanker trucks – will carry liquid or gas
- Semi-trucks – large 18-wheelers, big rigs that cause severe injuries
- Garbage trucks – trash trucks are often in residential areas with kids, pedestrians nearby
- UPS and Amazon trucks
Truck Accidents and Minimum Liability Insurance Policy Limits
With millions of people who drive in Las Vegas, it’s more than important that semi-trucks have liability insurance.
The FMCSA requires truck drivers to at least have minimum coverage.
The minimum amount of insurance required depends on what’s being hauled.
- Non-hazardous goods moved in vehicles greater than 10,000 lbs.: $750,000
- Non-hazardous goods moved in vehicles greater than 10,001 lbs.: $300,000
- Hazardous materials moved by private carriers: $5,000,000
- Oil moved by private carriers: $1,000,000
These are only the minimum requirements from the FMCSA.
Most commercial trucking companies require minimum liability insurance of at least $1,000,000, thank god.
Never believe the insurance company will take care of you, call Richard Harris Law Offices today.