Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Summerlin
Many individuals throughout the US will suffer from slip and fall accidents this year and Summerlin is no different.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that over 1 million people suffer injuries from slip, trips and falls each year and many deaths are included in this number.
Slips and falls cause approximately 700 fatalities per year and often occur in the workplace.
Slips can be caused by hazardous weather like rain, ice or snow as well as spills and wet surfaces.
The State of Nevada requires all business and homeowners to ensure they provide a safe environment under premise liability law.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to the negligence of someone else it is imperative that you retain a slip and fall accident lawyer to make sure you get maximum compensation.
Insurance companies can be intimidating and will often try and get you to settle for less than you deserve with a quick settlement they might offer for you.
The Richard Harris Law Offices in Summerlin are available and fully prepared to take on any case regardless of the difficulty of it.
We will fight for you and protect your legal rights.
Who Is Liable For Slip and Fall Injuries?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Summerlin or anywhere in the Las Vegas Valley contact Richard Harris.
With years of experience our premises liability attorneys are available for you , so call us today for a Free consultation.
Liability of a slip and fall accident might fall on a combined group of people or an individual as it just depends on your specific case.
This often depends on when and where the accident took place so it’s important to hire a quality Summerlin slip and fall lawyer.
Our slip and fall lawyers are here to help with –
- Condo owners
- Retail stores/malls
- Hotel operators
- Government entities
- Restaurant operators
- Bars / nightclubs
Las Vegas is a 24/7 city that never sleeps.
Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents can and will occur day and night, but we are available 24 hours a day if you have questions.
Slip and fall injuries often happen due to an unsafe environment and that could just be a wet spot in a grocery store for example.
Our slip and fall lawyers at Richard Harris want to make sure you can focus on your health and recovery, while we focus on the legal aspects.
10 Quick Statistics on Slip and Fall accidents
- Consumer Product Safety Commission reported that flooring materials and flooring contribute to more than 2 million fall injuries each year in USA.
- In the United States each year, one of every three persons over the age of 65 will have a fall and over 50% will fall again.
- Slips and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims and are the leading cause of job-related injury for people aged 55 years and older.
- Slip and Falls account for over 8 million hospital ER visits. This is the leading cause of hospital visits.
- Falls account for 87% of all broken bones and fractures among people over the age of 65.
- Falls are the second leading cause of spinal cord injuries which is stunning.
- 67% of fall fatalities are among people aged 75 years or older
- Fractures occur in 5% of all people who fall.
- Hip fractures are serious and lead to a number of health complications.
It Can Be Tough to Sue a Friend or Family Member
When it comes to a slip and fall accidents, we understand it can be uncomfortable to file a claim that involves friends or family members.
But this is why people carry homeowners’ insurance.
If your family or friend live in a multi-family housing community or condo it is likely that the condo owners’ association may very well be financially responsible for your injuries.
These situations can be complicated and another reason why you need to get a Summerlin slip and fall lawyer.
Our team of attorneys will be involved in your recovery and guide you to where you do not have to disrupt your personal relationships to seek financial compensation.
At the Richard Harris Law Firm, we will work directly with the property owner’s insurance to provide the best outcome available for you.
We are known for our determined negotiation and dedicated support in the courtroom.
We are not afraid to take your case to trial if needed.
Medical bills, lost wages and additional expenses add up fast and there is no reason you should be responsible for any of these if someone else’s negligence caused your slip and fall accident.
We can help!
Let us fight for you and get you the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
The U.S. Department of Labor reporst that slip and fall accidents will likely happen at work, but they are not limited to employment locations.
Causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Irregularities in walking surfaces – damaged or irregular walking spaces, sloped walking surfaces, walkway elevation changes
- Work area clutter – loose items or clutter on the floor are hazardous in the work place, loose items can easily fall to the floor without notice causing a fall
- Poor lighting – harder to see hazards when lights are dim or off
- Slippery surfaces – tile floors are especially slippery when wet
- Uncovered cables or cords – hard to see if not marked properly or covered
- Ladders – always dangerous in the work place and home, take the proper precautions when using, serious injury falling from any height can occur
- Carpets, mats and curled edges – loose mats and rugs can slip out from under you when not anchored down
If you are ever involved with a slip and fall accident, our Summerlin slip and fall attorneys can help lead your case to financial recovery.
The Real Cost $$ of A Slip and Fall Accident
The CDC lists the direct medical costs for slip and fall injuries at $31 billion each year, with hospital costs being 66% of that.
High-end commercial properties are at particular risk when it comes to slip and falls due to the glossy finishes and tile floors that may look beautiful but can be extremely dangerous.
A range of expenses and costs associated:
- Current and future medical bill
- Current and future wages lost
- Out of pocket expenses can add up quick
- Cost of medical devices
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Disability full or temporary
- Reduced quality of life
What should I do if I was injured in a public space
If you were hurt in a public space, you should do the following –
- Get medical treatment – If you are injured it is imperative to consult with a medical professional. Even if you feel ok at the time it is important, often adrenalin can cover up an injury that has occurred and it may develop over time into something more serious.
- Document the accident with the property owner – It is important you document your conversation with the owner. This could be by written statement or recorded audio file.
- Documentation of the accident scene – If you experience a slip and fall it is strongly suggested to take pictures and video of the location of your injury. If possible, obtain any witness statements, this can help in building a strong case.
How Long Does a Slip and Fall Case Take
The length of your claim depends on many things.
These include; the extent of your injuries, strength of your evidence, and whether or not you have hired a professional personal injury law firm to represent you.
Slip and fall accidents may often appear to be reasonably simple cases, yet they are quite often some of the most complex and difficult personal injury cases to resolve.
The key legal ingredient that governs fault in a slip and fall case is whether the hazard is known, or should have been known, by the responsible party making them liable.
Often retail chains and superstores like Walmart will subcontract out maintenance or cleaning to third party vendors which can complicate matters even more.
Call The Richard Harris Law Firm today.