Reno, NV Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Accidents in Reno, NV, are never a welcome experience. In most cases, injuries can usually heal in a few weeks or months. But, when a victim’s condition is permanent or life-altering, the injury is legally considered to be catastrophic. Often, liability for the accident that caused the catastrophic personal injury lies with someone else and his or her negligence.
If you have suffered an injury that has permanently affected the quality of your life or you have suffered the tragedy of losing a loved one due to catastrophic injury, the Reno, NV law firm of Richard Harris can help you seek legal compensation for the costs and suffering. Our firm has been helping victims with personal injury cases in Nevada for over 40 years.
Contact us at (702) 213-9779 to speak with a compassionate personal injury attorney about your accident. Schedule a free consultation with us set at a time and place convenient for you.
What Types of Injuries Are Considered Catastrophic in Nevada?
Catastrophic injuries are among the most devastating injuries that a person can suffer. It’s an injury that creates an economic hardship that prevents a person from permanently performing any gainful work. Thus, these severe injuries permanently change every aspect of a victim’s life – physically, emotionally, and financially.
Some types of catastrophic injuries in Nevada include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): Brain injuries can be internal or external, penetrating through the skull. Types of brain injuries include concussions, cerebral lacerations, and contusions. TBI requires immediate medical attention, since damages can be life-changing or even fatal.
- Spinal cord injury: It is serious when the spinal cord is injured, since it connects the brain to the other parts of the body. An injury to the spinal cord or spinal nerves can result in muscle weakness, loss of movement, difficulty breathing, paralysis, organ failure, and death.
- Amputation: Losing a limb can be emotionally devastating, especially since the victim realizes that every aspect of his or her life will change forever. Simple daily tasks, such as bathing, dressing, and eating, may become more difficult to accomplish. The loss of extremities also greatly diminishes the level of enjoyment of life for victims.
- Burns: When a person suffers second- or third- degree burns on 50 percent or more of his or her body, both hands, or face, this may be considered catastrophic injury. A burn injury can be painful, affect mobility, and cause scarring and disfigurement. The physical damage to the body can be emotionally traumatic to the victim.
- Internal injuries: In accidents that involve a collision, such as auto accidents, the impact can often rupture or cause swelling and bleeding of the victim’s vital organs. Immediate medical care is needed, since symptoms of internal injuries can take weeks or longer to manifest themselves. A collapsed lung, abdominal aorta, or internal bleeding can be fatal if not treated immediately.
This list, of course, is not exhaustive. There are other types of injuries that would be viewed as catastrophic in Nevada, such as the loss of sight, hearing, or speech from an accident. Treatment for catastrophic injuries may involve months or years of therapy and rehabilitation. This can create economic hardship for a victim and his or her family.
A personal injury lawyer with our firm, serving Reno, NV, can help you during this tough time to get the legal compensation you deserve from the at-fault party. An attorney can help to lessen your stress so you can concentrate on healing in the meantime.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Receive
It only makes sense for the person whose negligence caused you or your loved one to be hurt to pay compensation for your losses and recovery.
Compensation can be used to help cover:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Present and future lost wages
- Household renovation for disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Compensation for wrongful death
Statistics show that injured victims who hire a lawyer to assist with their claims will fare better than the ones who don’t. The specific lawyer who is chosen will have a direct impact on the final outcome as well.
An experienced personal injury lawyer at Richard Harris Law Firm would be the wise selection to make. Our team members are aggressive when we need to be, compassionate when it counts, and always dedicated to your success. That’s what enables us to boast a success rate of 98 percent with our cases.
Accidents That can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Although the list can be extensive, we will focus on the most common types of accidents that incur heavy injuries on the victims.
- Car accidents (Including tax accidents or ridesharing accidents)
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents, including scooter mopeds
- Pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents when vehicles are involved
- Premises liability situations, such as dog attacks or slip and falls
- Constructions accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
If you received injuries in any type of accident that was not your fault, you need to call our Reno, NV personal injury lawyers before talking to insurance companies.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Reno, NV
After suffering a catastrophic injury in Reno, Nevada, the drastic change in your life may leave you feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. The economic hardship, hefty medical bills, and physical pain may be causing you much distress. Additionally, the responsible party’s insurance company may be trying to minimize liability to lower the amount of your claim.
Don’t suffer alone. Our lawyers, with extensive legal knowledge in many areas of practice in personal injury law, can help you get a fair settlement for your losses that covers your medical expenses and more. Your attorney will even argue your case in court if necessary.
It’s urgent that you call Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm today and speak with one of our passionate personal injury attorneys. Nevada has a statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims within 2 years. So there’s no time to lose!
Let the attorneys of Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm put their years of legal experience to work for you and get you every penny you deserve. Our firm has helped recover over $1 billion dollars for clients.
Call us at (702) 213-9779 to find out how and to schedule a case review with us. Your consultation is free, and we only collect payment if and when you get your settlement.