Boulder City, NV Personal Injury Lawyer
For many, escaping the hustle and bustle of the big city is part of the charm of living in a small town. But even when living in Boulder City, Nevada, sometimes you are faced with the harsh reality of an unexpected injury. It is times like these when Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm has met the legal needs of thousands of injured victims across Nevada for over 40 years.
We understand the challenges you are likely facing after an accident: medical expenses, lost wages, a long recovery, and perhaps even lifelong hardship. In addition, you may have your family’s needs to worry about as well. When someone else is to blame for your injuries, it may only make matters more complicated and stressful.
Our passionate legal team is determined to provide personal injury victims like you with the legal support you need to recover after an accident. Our goal is to help you recover maximum compensation for the damages you have suffered – something you deserve according to Nevada law. If you or a loved one has been injured because of someone else’s actions, call us today for a free consultation with an attorney. Our Boulder City team is available 24/7 by phone or text at 702-745-8555.
Types of Personal Injuries in Boulder City and Beyond
The lawyers at Richard Harris Law Firm are here, helping clients in Boulder City, Nevada, with a number of personal injury claims including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Nevada saw an annual average of over 21,000 injury-causing motor vehicle accidents between 2015 and 2017. From car accidents, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, motorcycle crashes, we handle them all.
- Workplace accidents: The workplace is where we spend much of our time each day, so it is understandable why so many people get hurt on the job. These cases may fall under workers’ comp, but the claims process isn’t always straightforward. If you have been injured at work, our workers’ comp attorneys can provide you with more information on your next steps.
- Property liability accidents: When a property isn’t kept in a safe condition, accidents and injuries can happen. This is the case with slip-and-falls and dog bites, two of the most common property liability claims our lawyers work on.
- Medical malpractice injuries: Instead of making you better, sometimes medical professionals are the cause of your injuries. When medical malpractice has hurt you or a loved one, the lawyers at our law firm can provide you with the support you need.
Such accidents can lead to serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Brain damage
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent scarring
- Wrongful death
After suffering a serious injury, the victim or the surviving family may be faced with overwhelming medical expenses, property damage, and long-lasting emotional trauma. You could be compensated for all these damages if you take the right first step.
You need the assistance of an experienced lawyer. When you work with a compassionate Boulder City personal injury attorney at our firm, you can be confident that he or she will do what it takes for you to receive the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Boulder City Injury
If your injuries were caused by the negligent actions of someone else, you may be able to recover monetary compensation for your damages. Some personal injury cases are relatively straightforward, with an easily identifiable at-fault party and calculable damages incurred from the injury. However, many Boulder City personal injury claims may not be so simple.
For example, there may be numerous individuals involved, each with his or her own insurance company competing to pay the least. Or the negligent party may be a commercial or government agency, each with its own dedicated legal team. Meanwhile, some claims may involve major injuries or otherwise inflict damages exceeding the Nevada small claims limit of $10,000. For complex cases such as these, working with an experienced personal injury attorney is necessary so you can file a strong claim.
No matter the details of your accident, a free consultation with the lawyers at our firm is always recommended. Our Boulder City team can review your personal injury claim and advise you without any obligation.
How Much Do Boulder City Personal Injury Lawyers Cost?
If you are facing a mountain of medical bills and other expenses as a result of your injury, the thought of paying for a personal injury attorney can be an added stress on your plate. At Richard Harris Law Firm serving Boulder City, we feel that you should not be burdened with legal expenses on top of what is already a thoroughly overwhelming event.
The good news is: You do not need to pay out of pocket for one of our personal injury lawyers to represent you. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you don’t pay us up front. We only get paid when we win you a settlement. Call us today for a free consultation to learn more about how the Boulder City personal injury attorneys at our firm can help you without increasing your financial burden.
Why You Shouldn’t Deal With the Insurance Company Yourself
Insurance companies exist for a reason – to offer protection for potential injuries and property damage. However, after suffering an accident, many personal injury victims come to the unpleasant realization that when needed most, insurance companies are not likely to work in the interests of the victim.
It is important to remember that as a business, an insurance company has an incentive to increase profitability. One of the best ways an insurance company can do that is by cutting costs or expenses tied to paying out claims. Time and again, our Boulder City, NV, attorneys see insurance companies looking for ways to deny or reduce claims, even in cases where the injured party deserves more financial compensation.
Insurance companies tend to use a variety of tactics to reduce the value of your claim or even find a way to deny it outright. Beware of these common tactics:
- Calling you immediately after the accident for information. An insurance adjuster may try to get the facts right away, including who was at fault or the extent of your injuries. But this may be before you have had an opportunity to consult with a personal injury lawyer or even be fully evaluated by a medical professional. The information gathered during this call can be used to discredit any further statements you make about the accident before you have recovered from the initial shock or have been advised by a lawyer.
- Offer a settlement quickly after the accident. Again, before you can truly calculate and understand the damages you have suffered (including the impact on your work, emotional health, and ongoing medical treatment,) the insurance company may pressure you to accept a quick settlement. Sometimes they want you to think that this is the easiest and best way to resolve your claim. These quick settlements, though, often prove to be much less than what the victim truly deserves. At the same time, these agreements come with a signed release – meaning that you will be unable to pursue any further compensation down the road.
- Pin the blame on you for the accident. Even if you know that the other party was at fault for the accident, the insurance adjuster may deny liability or try to pin the blame on you. This pressure is designed to discourage victims, to talk you into accepting a lower settlement than you deserve or cause you to lose hope of receiving compensation so you give up on the claim entirely.
Always remember that the insurance company has professionals on their side who intend to undermine your Boulder City personal injury case. You will need an attorney on your side who is equipped with the knowledge and tools necessary to stand up for your legal rights.
Let the Passionate Richard Harris Team Help
You shouldn’t be on the hook for damages you have suffered due to someone else’s actions or inaction. When you work with an experienced Boulder City, Nevada, personal injury attorney at our firm, he or she can build a strong personal injury claim or lawsuit and fight for you to receive the compensation you are owed.
While you focus on the most important things – your health and family – you can rest assured that your case is getting the personal attention it needs to succeed. Our attorneys are well-versed in Nevada laws about personal injury claims and have the legal skills necessary to handle your claim correctly.
When Richard Harris’ team takes on your case, you can expect your lawyer to:
- Maintain communication with the insurance company
- Gather and analyze evidence so the guilty party can be held liable
- Push for a fair settlement including financial compensation for your losses
- Be prepared to file a lawsuit and go to court just in case
- Go the extra mile to serve the interests of you and your family
Whether you were in a car accident, in a motorcycle accident, or encountered another incident, you will see the difference that working with a lawyer at Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm can make in your life. Contact us today at 702-745-8555 to find out how to proceed with your Boulder City, Nevada, personal injury claim.