The decision to hire a lawyer should be based on thorough research and a personal connection. Your lawyer should be someone with confidence and experience but also someone you can trust and build a mutually respectful relationship with. Click below to read this blog and our suggested checklist of attorney-selection questions.
What questions should I ask a lawyer?
Hiring the right lawyer hiring
Step 1: Write Down All Questions
Before you meet with a lawyer you need to determine what qualities are most important to you for the person who will represent your claim,such as knowledge experience and personality.
Write down all the questions you want to ask that will confirm whether or not this lawyer is the right lawyers for your case.
Step 2: Get To Know the Lawyer
There are several questions you can ask to verify an attorney’s experience and credentials, such as:
- How long have you been with this law firm?
- what is your experience with cases similar to mine?
- have you handled cases in the courtroom?
- what percentage of your cases have had successful outcome?
Step 3: Get to Know the Law Firm
In addition, you should also ask questions about the law firm:
- What are the law firm’s core values?
- How can I get in contact with my lawyer when I need something?
- Who else will be involved in my case?
- What is the law firm’s approach to handling cases?
- What is my role and legal process?
Step 4: Listen and Take Notes
It’s important to listen to every answer and take notes. This way you can compare the lawyers and law firms meet with and make a well-informed choice.
Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification when you don’t understand something. And if you have questions, speak up.
Remember choosing a lawyer is an important decision that may affect the outcome of your case. Although it’s imperative to get help immediately following your accident, make sure you take the necessary time to get to know the lawyer you hire.
Richard Harris Law Firm