Before submitting an entry to the Spirit of Nevada Scholarship, please read through the rules carefully. Any submission that does not meet all required guidelines will not be included in the scholarship.
- The subject/theme of all submissions must follow the theme of the year.
- All video submissions (including animated productions) must be no longer than 60 seconds in total length; all short stories or poems must not exceed 2,000 words; works of art can take any form; websites can be of any number of pages. These are the only entry categories, and entries must fit properly into one of these categories to be eligible.
- Submission must be original work of the contestant. For website submissions, all source coding must be credited.
- Submission must not include obscene, profane, lewd, or defamatory content and may not contain any third-party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or potentially infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo or mark that identifies a brand.
- All video submissions must be posted on the creator’s own YouTube or Vimeo account or Richard Harris Law Firm’s YouTube or Vimeo account.
- Scholarship identification (#spiritofnevada) must appear in the title of the videos YouTube or Vimeo page. Example: Your Unique Title #spiritofnevada
- The video’s YouTube or Vimeo page must include the following in the description: Contestant’s name and school; A description of the video in the creator’s own words.
- Student Release Waiver and Consent of Broadcast and Advertising forms must be filled out and submitted with all submissions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to follow the exact video element requirements will result in disqualification.
- The subject/idea of all submitted videos must follow “Spirit of Nevada” theme.
- All video submissions (including animated productions) must not exceed 60 seconds in total length (content, credits, etc.).
- The contestant is 100% responsible for all production costs of their video.
- The contestant is 100% responsible for the creation of a video that does not infringe on any copyright, and does not break any local, state, or federal communication laws. The Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm will not be held responsible for any laws broken, violations, etc.
- All submissions will become the property of Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm.
- Any submission deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- The submission must be the original work of the contestant. For website submissions all source coding must be credited.
- The submission must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth in the contest rules as displayed on the Spirit of Nevada website.
- Any submission or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials, other than Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm’s related materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand other than Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm’s or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may be disqualified.
- Any clothing worn in the submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third party. No entry shall contain any content other than as described above, a performance that has been broadcast or streamed, published or televised on television or as part of a recording of a motion picture film or television program.
- Submitted videos must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
- Any entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the contest requirements will be disqualified.
- If, in Richard Harris Law Firm’s sole discretion, the entry (or any portion thereof) appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be disqualified. Entries must be in keeping with Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest.
- You are personally responsible for your behavior while creating your entry and agree to indemnify Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm of this Contest, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including attorney fees and costs) that may be incurred in connection with a third party claim or a claim by you that may occur in the creation and submission of your entry.
- All video submissions must be posted on the creator’s own YouTube or Vimeo account and should allow embedding.
- Title: “#spiritofnevada” must appear at the end of the video title on YouTube or Vimeo. Example: Your Unique Video Title #spiritofnevada
- Description: The following must appear in the video description of all submitted videos:
-Contestant’s name & school
-A description of the video in the creator’s own words. There is no limit on the length of the description.
-Additional credits if desired.
- Privacy: All contest video entries should be placed on YouTube or Vimeo using the “Public” privacy setting.
- Video, short story or poem, and website entries can be submitted by filling out the online registration form, but they may also be delivered in-person to Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm at 801 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101.
- All contest entries delivered in person to Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm at 801 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101, must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the designated end date. All contest entries submitted online via the Spirit of Nevada online registration must be received before midnight on the designated end date. Any entries received after these dates/times will not be accepted.
Each winner will receive a prize, which can be used towards tuition at a recognized United States academic institution. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses and entries for promotional and advertising purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
By participating in the Contest, contestants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If you do not agree to any term or condition as outlined on this website or in other Contest documents, DO NOT participate in this contest or submit an entry. By submitting an entry, you agree to Official Rules.
By submitting an entry, you guarantee, represent and warrant that:
- You have the legal right to submit that entry and it does not violate any law.
- That, if you are under 18 at the time of the submission, that you will provide Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm with a signed release by your parent or legal guardian granting you permission to participate in this contest and agreeing to all terms and conditions of the Official Contest and Rules. The sponsors of this contest are in no way liable for your failure to obtain permission to participate in this contest. If the Sponsors learn that you were under 18 at the time of the submission and you failed to provide Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm with a signed release by your parent or legal guardian your entry will be disqualified. If your parent or legal guardian refuses to give you permission, DO NOT participate.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your video submission to use the name or likeness of each and every identifiable person in the content in the manner contemplated by the Sponsors of this contest.
- That any personal information you provide may be provided to third parties and by participating in this contest you give the contest sponsors permission to use that information in the promotion of this contest and in any way that advances the purposes of this contest.
- All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the video at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted, and determine the Finalists from Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry.
You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right other than Richard Harris Personal Injury Law Firm nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. You hereby release Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of its employees (collectively, the “Contest Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Indemnitees due to or arising out of your participation in the Contest, or use of your name, likeness, Entry and/or voice, or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. You further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Contest Indemnitees from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Contest Indemnitees infringes on your rights as contained in the Entry submission.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules, are fully familiar with its contents and agree to be bound by them. The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Nevada, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Nevada and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Nevada.